Travel with Sunbuns - Latest News

A complete list of my new blogs (January 2019):

Follow me on Twitter:
@sunbuns or @cmnm (both are open to all)

Take a glance through my Guys Into CMNM Blog.

Visit our Clothed Man / Naked Man (CMNM) website (includes social networks) and a CMNM Events and Info Links

See list of upcoming CMNM events on Eventbrite:
CMNM Events: See list of upcoming CMNM events on Eventbrite:

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Locker Room Etiquette 2





Leonhardtx says:
I agree again, at least in part, with Rye3111's comments. Wandering around naked so much is weird and unnecessary. But I don't want to let myself feel threatened by that, because nothing is actually happening. I'm not going to let the weird behaviour of others control how I feel. In that sense I like T. Oguy's approach. Let's be comfortable and not defensive. But I have no intention of wandering around nude all the time.
If that's what Rye1111 meant too, then I agree with him entirely. Very useful comments, at least for me.

Posted on 08/18/2008 at 9:08 pm EST
Rye3111 says:
The stuff we're talking about is, getting out of the shower, staying in the common area naked, walking back to your locker naked, getting your toiletries naked, walking back to the mirror/sink naked, taking 15 minutes to shave and do your hair naked and basically doing whatever it is you can to be naked until the very last minute.
I know this may be an exaggeration in a sense, but honestly it really seems that way.

It doesn't bother me in the least with respect to how comfortable I am, I guess I just think its weird. I mean its still a public place and it really seems like these guys just love being all sorts of naked in the locker room around other men
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 6:03 pm EST


Rye3111 says:
T.Oguy I think you're missing hte point. In my mind being naked in the locker room shoud have nothing to do with how comfortable you are. Let me use an example. I played varsity lacrosse in college. We were a pretty tight group, and pretty crazy and immature. There were plenty of retarded things going on in the shower like guys pissing on each other when they weren't looking or making jokes/stupid comments about somebody's piece. Yeah I know we were all meatheads.

Anyway, point being though, once the shower was over, generally guys covered up at their locker. Not fast, just eventually. It wasn't uncommon to walk through our locker room and see a dozen guys naked at their locker, but chances are they all just got out of the shower and they were all in the process of getting dressed.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 5:58 pm EST


T.Oguy says:
Leonhardtx, I agree that guys should be more comfortable in the locker rooms and even myself have often shyed away just keeping my head down and changing as fast as possible to just get out. I think part of it could be atributed to a man's school years. In the past students were told to go "hit the showers" and now a days kids are told to get changed and out as fast as possible not using the facilities.

Reading some of the comments I think when I start going to the gym again this fall I'll try to be less nervous in the locker room because its not meant to be a tense place and if we all would care a bit less it could be a bit more of a comfortable experience.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 4:58 pm EST


someguy says:
If you feel the need to walk around the locker room completely naked, your a moron. Its a public place, just because there are no females in the area doesnt make it ok to run around naked. At my gym, there is always the same guy that I think just likes to be naked. He gets out of the shower and stands in front of the mirror and gets ready for work. Brushes his teeth, shaves, does his hair, etc. Thats just wrong man. Put a towel on for christ sakes and cover up. I dont expect you to get dressed right away but I dont think its to much to ask to cover up while you are at the sink.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 3:01 pm EST


Leonhardtx says:
Thanks Rye3111. Your comments sheds some light on this. You are right -- I personally don't wander around naked after a shower, usually put a towel around me or my boxers on, and then shave.

I know what you mean about really old guys wandering around naked, but it's never bothered me. That's part of the point I was making -- they don't seem to stare or even look, they're just really comfortable with their bodies and aren't fussed about being naked. Looks a lot better to me than the anxiety the younger guys seem to feel.

My guess is the old guys grew up in a time where homosexuality wasn't such an issue, and they have nothing to prove about their sexuality (had their kids, I sometimes hear guys like that talking about their grandkids). We should be so comfortable IMHO.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 1:52 pm EST


FixUpLookSharp says:
... What's wrong with prancing around naked!?
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 12:20 pm EST

Rye3111 says:

Leonhardtx, i think its meant more in the sense of staring, not just glancing.

I'm agreeing with MH on the staying naked too long, and it does tend to be the older men. Leon, look, comfortable or not, I just don't see a reason to be hanging out naked in the locker room. Nobody is saying that you need to do speed dressing here. But, and I've been seeing this my whole life, there's some older men at my gym who will dry off at their locker, and then walk over to the blow dryer, still naked, and do their hair for 5 minutes, while being naked the whole time. Why not wrap the towel around yourself? Why not toss on your underwear? It seems like a lot of men there just really like to go out of their way to be really naked for a really long time.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 11:06 am EST

Leonhardtx says:
P.S.: I know the article reflects the thinking of many young guys. I see the fear and defensiveness in them nowadays, and that's why I get steamed about this kind of talk. When I was a kid, a guy felt very comfortable in the locker room. Now you'd think it is one of the most dangerous places a guy can go.
I don't have kids yet, but I don't want my sons to acquire this kind of fear and defensiveness. They will know how to protect themselves from gay or pedophile predators, and otherwise they will be happy to be themselves in masculine environments.

Posted on 08/18/2008 at 9:58 am EST

Rating: 
Leonhardtx says:
I disagree with points 1 & 3 because they encourage fear, worry, and unmasculine defensiveness. We are full grown competent men, who can handle anything. But we are supposed to be afraid of other straight men in the locker room? Nuts.

We should be relaxed in a masculine environment. I don't encourage staring, but a glance at a guy's arms, abs, back, legs, or even his crotch isn't something to worry about. We're like dogs, naturally curious, and it's not gay to look at the obvious. It's not masculine to be fearful.

If a guy actually hits on another guy verbally he should be told off real fast. If he touches another guy, stronger action is required. Otherwise don't sweat it. We don't have women around to worry about, so we should be relaxed and natural, the way our fathers are.
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 9:54 am EST


NY guy says:
And For God Sake, DO NOT SIT ON THE BENCHES NAKED. PLEASE PLEASE PUT A TOWEL UNDER YOU UGLY BUTT!!!!!!!
Posted on 08/18/2008 at 9:32 am EST




No comments: