Travel with Sunbuns - Latest News

A complete list of my new blogs (January 2019):

Follow me on Twitter:
@sunbuns or @cmnm (both are open to all)

Take a glance through my Guys Into CMNM Blog.

Visit our Clothed Man / Naked Man (CMNM) website (includes social networks) and a CMNM Events and Info Links

See list of upcoming CMNM events on Eventbrite:
CMNM Events: See list of upcoming CMNM events on Eventbrite:

Monday, November 14, 2005

Kalani and Kehena - clothing optional camping / beaches




Hey, nakid, when it gets closer to the time you start actually planning a trip to Hawaii -- let me know and I'll fill you in on more exactly where (at least Oahu and Hawaii -- I don't know Mauai, Kauai very well). Maybe I'll let you stay on my property -- it's nothing but a square acre partly forested land - but someday I'll have built it up more like a outdoor camp or maybe a bungalow. It's not near the ocean -- so you'll probably enjoy more staying at a place like Kalani Resort (not free but has camping at $20 per night for a tent site). Kalani has a large pool with hot tubs and sauna which is clothing optional after 5pm every day. Kalani is within walking distance to Kehena Black Sands beach and that's nude all year long - very mixed set of people who hang out at Kehena -- as well as at Kalani. BTW, you might be able to get a job at Kalani -- they have a program for temporary work-stays (pays your room and board in exchange for some work). There are usually some really cool guys and gals -- from young people to seniors are needed for various kinds of work (kitchen, grounds, guest services, etc) and for teaching classes too. You could also look into temp jobs elsewhere around the islands if you wanted to stay longer. Oahu has a very adequate public bus system that can get you almost anywhere on the island you want to go. The Big Island is a different story -- you'll either have to hitch rides (very doable in Puna (southeast region where I've been describing) or share a rental car - although there may be very limited bus service between major points. It's by picking up hitchers that I kind of stay tuned to the local vibes and also what the 'visitors' are doing - some are homesteading or housesetting, or just making ends meet by doing odd jobs etc. I've almost never been asked for money -- just rides or maybe cigs (but I don't smoke). Some of the people I've picked up are just living for a while on the island because they can and they like the laid-back life. Actually, there are always some people staying/camping on Kehena Beach -- I guess you have to call them 'hippies' - I mean that's exactly what they look like and how they live -- most of the guys seem to let their hair grow long and they braid it and twist into a Rastafarian (sp?) reggae style. They often wear long flowing shirts with or without pants and are obviously anti-underwear - there are women too, but fewer actually live/camp on the beach -- although there are all kinds of people there, especially on the weekends. It's really cool on Sundays when dozens -- even hundreds of people gather on Kehena to dance, play music, and enjoy partying/socializing/smoking. The hippie guys and gals never hesitate to join in and love to get naked and gyrate, cavort to the ethnic beat that the drummers and other amateur musicians have gathered to improvise.

Why that's amusing .. it's more fun to watch for dolphins and whales (not the beached types) and to look at the cool board-type male and female bodies (many who aren't wearing any at the moment) throw themselves into the crashing waves trying to bodysurf or boogie board. Hey. I've gone on way to long.... Below is a pic of me walking back from Kehena Black Sands Beach, it's in a sheltered lagoon under a cliff face (so it's not public exposure and so too why some people camp out there - discreetly, of course) -- I am freeballing in my see-thru mesh shorts. I can't wait to get back there after Xmas - just after I leave LA from a few days in the Cali desert.

No comments: